Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidelines require a downdraft of around 1 metre per second or an air inlet speed of 0.5 metres per second… this Portable Nail Extractor unit for dust and fumes, sits on your working table and has an air inlet speed of 2.16 meters per second- so over 4 times the required amount!
Noise levels: It’s important to have a chat with your client. More power, is the extractor motor, moving more air, so this will produce noise, but its far more important to have adequate filtration, with the noise level acceptable for conversation purposes. Little or No noise, could indicate its not extracting/ circulating air.
- Dimensions: H-26cm. W-20cm. D-16cm
- Weight: 5 kgs packed
- Airflow: a huge 250 cubic meters (m3) per hour- With the filter fitted.
- Will filter a room 10 foot x 12 foot – 6 times an hour (or 20 m3)
- No ducting or pipe work needed to an outside air source
- No annual service costs
- Colour: Black
- 53 Watts
- Fitted with dual purpose filter for removing dust & fumes (dust filter and carbon filter fitted together, so no need to change filters during nail treatments)
- Noise levels 52 dB (decibel) described online from db reading charts as; low- suitable for office
- CE Approved
- One year’s Warranty
- Two metre power lead
- Helps protect your health
- Extractor paintwork is powder coated steel, for long life (oven baked)
- Removes unpleasant odours
- Captures dust- even the dust you can not see, Filtering particles as small as 0.4 micron
- Complies with all H.S.E regulations and beyond
- Built to last
- Replacement quality filter cartridges available
- Award winning UK manufacturer
Motor Life: 40,000 hours.
Example: If you run this extractor unit 5 days a week- 8 hours a day (9am-5pm), this can be equivalent to nearly 20 years! The manufacturer has customers that purchased machines from them 20 years ago and they are still running perfectly.
Electricity Consumption: Based on an average of 10p per Kilo-watt hour and this extractor being 53 watts- this extractor per hour, will use less than 1p in electric!
A much-anticipated portable Manicure extraction fan/ unit, that actually filters the clouds of dangerous nail dust and absorbs the fumes from our products we use, has finally been created for the nail technicians. A wealth of products we use in Beauty Salons and on the go- to date contain a variety of chemicals that may be potentially harmful to the health of Therapists and clients alike and these chemicals are also damaging to the environment.
Extraction is of uttermost importance if you are using, or are in contact with any of the hazardous substances:
Curing Agents, Drying Agents, Hardeners, MMA (Methyl Methacrylate), Nail Dust, Solvent Based Products. Chemicals from all these sources can be particularly hazardous, as they become airborne quickly and so are more easily inhaled by Therapists and clients.
The acrylics (in particular Methyl Methacrylate: or MMA) used to create nail extensions are considered to be particularly hazardous.
Long-term exposure to MMA can cause damage to the respiratory system and the liver.
Dust created by filing and shaping nails can contain an array of different bacteria’s, including benzoyl peroxide, silica and methecrylate polymers.
Quick-drying nail sprays, nail varnishes and removers can all contain toxic fumes.
Protection: It’s is essential to use some sort of extraction system to remove the chemicals and dust from the air we breath, Health and Safety require adequate ventilation to be given to the nail technician and client.
The beauty of producing fantastic nails is very popular, but along with this mastered technique comes the prolonged breathing of dangerous dust and fumes that makes the application very uncomfortable for both client and technician.
Feeling nausea, eyes stinging, headaches, dizziness, sneezing and throats burning are just a few common symptoms we suffer in our normal day to day working environment… this is very unhealthy for an enjoyable, growing industry, causing long term medical conditions and this needs to change!
Information: With lots of information you’re able to compare our walking in sunshine high specification, manicure treatments extractor unit, against competitors (if no specification is given, it could mean it doesn’t comply to HSE requirements).
- Filtration is very important (M3= Meters cubed, the higher- the better).
- Expected motor life is important (working hours it will give you, for the time you use it).
- Cost per hour to use it (when thinking of high electricity costs)
- On-going service costs (if any)
- Replacement filter costs
Supplied to many Colleges worldwide: colleges please contact us for large order discounts
Appeared in many top beauty magazines.